Friday 17 August 2007

Back home round the corner from a bibulous Voltaire

As I go on posting over the weekend I shall try to put up some photos of Ferney Voltiare now that I'm back home. Before the end of the month when I intend to close this blog I'll also try and reflect on the blogging process and how I've enjoyed it.
Anyway to start here is a photo from the hotel and restaurant about 40 metres from my front door (I have to pass three other restaurants in order to get that far!). Voltaire is nursing a glass of something - perhaps it is the armagnac from which la part des anges has evaporated, perhaps it is simply some wine from the top of the Jura - Arbois perhaps - in his time he wouldn't have know the very recent and delicious gamaret which has recently been created here in Geneva.
Anyway I shall post some more over the weekend but not tonight - I need to unwind from work a little so not time for something more edifying.
Bonne nuit.

No comments: