Wednesday 15 August 2007

Returning home

It's always hard coming back from a meeting to know quite how to speak about it, hard for me too not to blog about it with quite such intensity now - but as I need to ween myself off blogging gently I shall go on putting posts up until about the end of the month - but not in as much detail as before - I had quite a bit of work waiting for my attention when I returned!

Trying to find a way to embed our experience at meetings like the one in Toulouse into our lives is quite a challenge. It's really easy to come away on a sort of high after all the discussions but not really be changed or challenged in any way. That's perhaps always the issue of trying to share experience too.

Anyway the best thing about getting home is definitely sleeping in my own bed and getting served proper tea - made with boiling water and tea leaves - before getting up. It's true that I hold a special place of disdain for calling something tea when what it actually is is a cup of tepid water with a bag of what the French call "lipton yellow" hanging in it. A nation of gastronomes they may be, tea makers they are not. Blessed are the tea makers, thanks for the morning cuppa Stephen.

No comments: