Monday 20 August 2007

Discussion about whether evangelisation is good for Christianity continues

Following the meeting in Toulouse, John Longlois from Guernsey, who is very involved in the World Evangelical Alliance, and Ninan Benjamin, from the Bangalore Initiative for Religious Dialogue, are having quite a frank exchange about evangelisation and whether it helps or hinders the cause of Christianity in India. I'm not going to reproduce all of what they say here - as it is quite lengthy - but I'll try to find a way that you can click and go to their contributions, but I'll need to think about how to do that - every day I learn more about blogging and its technical limitations and possibilities.

Meanwhile, and much as I hate to give publicity to the Murdoch empire, some of you may find edification via Libby Purvis' column in the times and particularly these 50 sayings on religion by George Bush.
On the same site you can also find Ruth Gledhill's excellent blog on religion http://timescolumns.typepad.com/gledhill/ which I will go back to read one day when I have time.

No comments: